Pages

Saturday 11 July 2009

Happy Post!

OK, I am going to write something a bit more cheerful as reading the rest of my blog posts is sooooo depressing! Hardly going to help me except track my moods.

So, inspired by DeeDeeRamona's list of do's and dont's in an Acute ward (so true, so true) I have compiled a list of songs to slash wrists to i.e.don't listen to these when you are depressed (Part One).

(You may notice that they are in alphabetical order as I have scrolled through my ipod).

1. Anything by Radiohead. Feel Thom Yorke's pain as a fellow depressionist. Fake Plastic Trees and Street Spirit are particular favourites of mine for having a good old miserable time. Plus OK computer. So lonely.

2. Placebo - Meds, Without You I'm Nothing. Nuff said.

3. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morrisette. My favourite get angry and hate the world/people song. Play it LOUD people. Mary Jane personal favourite of mine and reminds me of happier times long gone, which then makes me depressed.

4. Amy Winehouse - I get a bit peed off with people raving about her, yep she has a good voice but the revival of 60s stylestuff is getting a little tiresome. But I like Back to Black.

5. Beth Orton - She is the greatest singer in the world and I love all her music. Daybreaker again reminds me of happier times and a time when I was severly lovesick as my boyfriend was away for months and I listened to this CD all the time. When you've got the razor out, try Pass in Time (about her mother dying) and Wish I never saw the sunshine (because I did once and now it has gone).

6. Carpenters - Couldn't miss off Karen Carpenter as another fellow depressionist and she managed to die from Anorexia too. Rainy Days and Mondays was written when she ate a slice of bread and was feeling bad, Goodbye to Love because no one really cares if I should live or die (perhaps 2 people in this world would and my psychiatrist)

7. Coldplay - Fix You. Because no-one can. Even I've tried and it doesn't seem to be working.

8. Colin James Hay - Waiting for my real life to begin. Download it peeps. Am still waiting for mine.

9. David Gray - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye, Now and always, Slow Motion. Just the melodies get my tear ducts going.

10. Gary Jules - Mad World (y'know, the version from Donnie Darko, a film which I don't think anyone but us mentalists understand)

11. Goldfrapp - A&E. If I had to, I would like to wake up in Holby City with Dr. Adam Trueman.

12. Johnny Cash - Hurt (a cover of the Nine Inch Nails song). Awesome, haunting. Don't watch the video, you will be collapsing in a heap in a corner.

So there you have it, the first part of my Slash Playlist although I might have to start at song 12 so that I hear it in time.

Anyway, better get off work's computer as I am in the shit if the boss finds out how much time I've spent on it (he is away at the moment).

And for everyone's information, I do NOT want to know what has happened in Series 6 of CSI Miami, as my boyfriends mother told me last night straight after I told her not to tell me. I want to watch it in one go. But now she has taken away an idea to look forward to. AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.

No comments:

Post a Comment