Pages

Monday 21 June 2010

Alternative Therapy

I started Reflexolgy a couple of months back and can recommend it as a complement to talking and medication.  When I first went I was a bit cynical but felt relaxed afterwards so that's got to be good, right? The last time I was in the middle of a crisis and turned up puffy eyed and emotional.  An hour of a relaxing back massage, more tears and Reflexology and I was a changed person.  I came out of there full of energy and calm - amzing really seeing as prior to the appointment I could hardly get out of bed and was unmotivated to do so. (The fear of pissing off a Swissie by not keeping an appointment was greater than the comfort of my duvet). My Godmother has severe back problems and had recommended Reflexology to me but I was a bit reluctant but slightly curious - after all, in the clinic I had been converted to Shiatsu massage by a master of the practice and promised myself to keep it up but there is no-one local who practices it entailing an hour long commute to the nearest town.
Yep, it definately works and even if I don't feel such a strong change as the crisis day, it is still "me" time and time to chill out and relax from the dark thoughts which are constantly on my mind at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment