Pages

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Reasons

When it comes to looking after myself, I am the queen of excuses.  Like, I might as well stay in bed today because the world out there is simply too scary, therefore I am safer staying at home.  Or, I find no point in making myself do pointless exercise and eat healthily because I always stay fat and end up tired because there are not enough hours in the day to accomodate my needs, which should, of course, come second to anyone elses. Or otehr such nonsense.
Take today for example.  Me & J have a friend and her son to stay, which is great.  No really, it is.  However, my house is a mess before they got here and so I can't settle until the washing machine is installed, then I can tidy up.  But even though this friend does not disrupt my routine, she kind of does.  i mean, right now, I would probably be curled up on the sofa watching some crap TV.  but I might have gone outside for a walk, or tried my new telescope and watched the stars.  but I feel when someone is here to stay that I have to justify what I am doing.  After all, my mind jumps from idea to idea before I have even realised myself, and this means I end up doing three or four things at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment