Pages

Saturday 28 November 2009

Last day and other news

I finished at the day clinic yesterday and I felt sad to be leaving.  I survived the feedback round (where you are given personal feedback, the rules being for every negative they have to give you two positives) and apart from the fact that I was "quiet" all was good.  Then I had a meeting with my psychologist and the clinic psychiatrist, who started talking "bipolar" but I didn't quite get what was going on.  To be honest, I was too tired to go into it so I am just going to wait until I see my regular psychiatrist and find out what its all about.
On top of that, I finally admitted my illness to my boyfriend's sister (A) and another friend (S).  I think I can trust them, and A sent me a really nice message to say that it was OK and I shouldn't feel upset or embarassed about it as a couple of friends of hers also have problems.  I feel relief at the moment that the pressure to keep this to myself has eased a little.  Knowing me though, the next stage would be for me to announce it on facebook or something.
Interesting article about bullying and depression - it seems the message is getting out there and I hope that others who suffer from mental illness are treated in a favourable light in the workplace and the message goes out that bullying is unacceptable whether it caused the depression in the first place or whether it already exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment